Frequently Asked Questions


Who are the Travel Trust Association?

The Travel Trust Association is a travel trade association. Our members consist of travel agents, tour operators and travel organisers. The Travel Trust Association exists in order to protect you, the customer, with 100% financial protection and has been doing so for over 20 years. This means that every penny that you pay to our members is protected by the Travel Trust Association.

What does it mean if a company is a member of the TTA?

It means that you can book your holiday secure in the knowledge that Travel Trust Association will protect you in the unlikely event of a member becoming insolvent. Should a member of the Travel Trust Association for any reason financially fail or cease trading, the Travel Trust Association will liaise with the suppliers and Tour Operators to ensure that you holiday goes ahead unaffected. If for any reason this is not possible, we will administer a claim for a refund of money that you have paid to a member for your holiday. All members of the Travel Trust Association have to abide by the member Code of Conduct. This is to ensure that the customers receive the best possible service.

How does the TTA provide 100% financial protection for me?

Every Travel Trust Association member deposits your money into the Trust Account. A Trust Account is a bank account designated to hold the customer's money. Your money remains in the Trust Account and is supervised by an appointed trustee who is either a banker, chartered or certified accountant or a solicitor. Both the Travel Trust Association members and the trustee are required to authorise payments from the trust account. In addition to being held in trust, you also have a financial guarantee from the Travel Trust Association. TTA will guarantee the financial obligation of its members up to a maximum any one passenger of £11,000. So if you paid £2,000 we guarantee we will reimburse the loss of the £2,000, where it is not available for you from the Trust Account.

What is the complaints procedure?

In the event of a breakdown of communication or a serious disagreement between a member and their customer, the Travel Trust Association can act as an independent intermediary. All complaints are dealt with in writing.


Is the Isle of Man part of the United Kingdom?

The Isle of Man is a self-governing jurisdiction that is not part of the United Kingdom but is a Crown Dependency with Queen Elizabeth II as head of state. The Isle of Man is not a member of the European Union but Protocol 3 of the UK's Act of Accession to the Treaty of Rome includes the Isle of Man within the EU's customs area. EU citizens are currently entitled to travel and reside, but not work, on the Island without restriction.

Do I need a Visa?

The Isle of Man is currently part of the Common Travel Area (England, Scotland, Wales, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, Ireland and Isle of Man). EU citizens are currently entitled to travel and reside, but not work, on the Island without restriction. Isle of Man rules on immigration closely mirror but do not exactly replicate the UK’s.

Why we need your travel details

When you make a booking with us, we are asked by the accommodation provider to advise arrival times so that they can plan for your arrival. In some instances, this information is required for insurance reasons, especially on sports clubs that open as temporary campsites. Glamping suppliers require this information so that someone is available to check you in, even if this is during the night. If you have booked a private port transfer, it is essential you provide flight times and numbers or if by sea the times and routes. Need to check if we have the details? Contact our team calling +44 (0) 1624 640044 or email [email protected]

Am I covered for health emergencies in the Isle of Man if I am a UK resident?

The Isle of Man and the UK have a reciprocal agreement in place where Isle of Man residents visiting the UK, and UK residents visiting the Isle of Man have the assurance of receiving free emergency healthcare. Although treatment is free, repatriation (return travel to someone's home country) has never been included as part of the reciprocal agreement, and this remains the case today.

I’m not a UK citizen, what health care cover do I need when visiting the Isle of Man?

All visitors from outside the UK should ensure they have adequate travel insurance in place to cover emergency medical treatment including repatriation cover before they travel.

Can I use my European Health Insurance Card when visiting the Isle of Man?

The EHIC is only available to residents of countries within the European Economic Area (EEA)* and Switzerland and gives them the right to access state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in another country within the scheme. The Isle of Man is not part of the UK, a member of the EU or of the EEA, so people visiting the Island are not eligible to use their card to receive medical assistance.


Will flights still operate?

UK citizens can be reassured that regardless of the Brexit outcome planes will still fly between the UK and the EU: if a deal is agreed then we will be in a transition period, meaning everything will stay the same until the end of December 2020 and flights will continue as normal. Even if we are in a no-deal scenario, the European Commission has said that UK airlines will still be able to operate flights between the UK and the EU. The UK government has offered similar assurances for EU airlines.

Will I need a visa to travel to the EU after Brexit?

You shouldn’t need a visa to travel to the EU after Brexit. The European Commission announced in November 2018 that, even in a no-deal scenario, UK travellers can still visit the EU without a visa, providing the same is offered to European citizens visiting the UK. The European Commission has said that from 2021, UK citizens will need to pay a fee (of around 7 Euros) for this visa exemption. This is part of a new electronic travel authorisation system applying to all third country visitors to the EU, similar to the US ESTA regime.


What currency do I need when visiting the Isle of Man?

The Isle of Man has its own currency with the same value and denominations as the British Pound. UK currency is legal tender on the Isle of Man, but Isle of Man currency is not legal tender in the UK but will be exchanged by any Bank free of charge

What ID do I need to travel to the Isle of Man?

All flights and sailings to and from the Isle of Man will require a valid form of identification at check-in. Passports are required for any visitor travelling on a visa. Driver’s licenses are acceptable identification for some visitors from the Common Travel Area and/or European Union. We recommend travelling with your passport at all times.

Can I use my mobile phone on the Island, and will I get charged extra?

There are two mobile phone networks operating on the Isle of Man – Manx Telecom and Sure Mobile. Each mobile network has commercial agreements with mobile phone networks in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world and it is advisable to check with your own mobile network to determine the level and charges of the roaming with the Isle of Man providers. Please note the Isle of Man is outside the EU jurisdiction and as such does not benefit from the tariff caps operating within the European Union. It is possible to purchase local pay-as-you-go SIM cards from the Island’s mobile phone providers

Get In Touch